Camaro back glass Ryker!

Hopefully Ryker will chime in on this but all advice is welcome! Ok i have a 02 camaro and trans am back glass to do today and i am pretty confident in doing this but.... I have read all of rykers previous descriptions and i completely understand the "dovetail" at the bottom on this and my only question is, is this done with a wet or dry shrink? Or do u hit the dovetail dry and then wet it and hit the top few fingers?, Also last thing, no H right? Just tack down the sides correct? Im sure ill figure it out but i would like to know before i start these. Thanks!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not do an H pattern.  Only the middle needs to be heat shrunk then just lay the rest down.  I like to let it sit on the outside in the sun for about 15 min before installing it.  And personally I would go with wet shrinking, but if you do dry shrink wet it before trying to lay the rest down.  

The only part of the back glass that needs to be shrunk is the top edge. Once you get the top edge shrunk and the pattern cut, install the film on the inside of the glass like normal. Instead of locking the film down on the top edge first, lock down the bottom. You may have to use some plain water or a weaker ratio of slip to help allow the film to stick quicker. Once the bottom is locked down, start working the rest of the film towards the sides and top. 

No need to shrink the bottom, the bottom of the glass has a reverse curve. The film can actually be stretched some to get get it to stick. Ryker method doesn't work for some people or even some back glass. 

Thank you for clearing that up man!! Much appreciated. Also, should i leave the film a little longer at all? Or a normal rough cut will be good? Sorry, i have been able to figure out all back windows on my own so far, but knowing this one can be a little trickier i like to have an idea going in. Thanks!!

Archived