L.O.T.P. #471

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get my post up since I spend all day on my phone and can't get any work done. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lol2:lol2

I read up on that reply in the other thread. Comedy.

Comedy is a nice word to use. I got a call this morning saying I was online talking smack about the company and that I should stop. I don't think speaking the truth is talking smack but whatever floats one's boat. I think calling a person out on their bs when they're clearly misleading people to come work for them is something that should be done. I stand behind what I said, you won't make anything close to what he is saying when he only wants to give up 15% and uses every excuse and institute to not give you a raise.

I need to get my post up since I spend all day on my phone and can't get any work done. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lol2 :lol2

I read up on that reply in the other thread. Comedy.

Comedy is a nice word to use. I got a call this morning saying I was online talking smack about the company and that I should stop. I don't think speaking the truth is talking smack but whatever floats one's boat. I think calling a person out on their bs when they're clearly misleading people to come work for them is something that should be done. I stand behind what I said, you won't make anything close to what he is saying when he only wants to give up 15% and uses every excuse and institute to not give you a raise.

"Online talking smack" 

You would have to wonder how well your business truly does if you have to make a phone call to tell someone to stop "talk smack" about their "business". As the way I see it, if you're an honest reputable person/company, the words of a single individual upon the internet should make no impact or show any deem to threatening their reputation. With that being said, the fact that phone call had to be made, shows a lot of how a shop can work. I'm sure this hasn't been their first, or last incident like this.

Glad to see you're not putting yourself through that anymore. :beer  

Lack of pay, working over-time, no lunch breaks, expected to be there at 9 and leave whenever the boss decided it was time. Checks bouncing almost every week and getting paid cash throughout the next week to try making good.

Damn, sounds like a PITA

Sometimes I feel situations like that can almost diminish the value on installer. Depends on the person of course, like if they have that mind set going onto the next employer wondering inthe back of their mind if its only going to happen again. 

Archived