wrapping

when im wrapping under the hood im getting fingers popping up, the film wont lay down even when im heat sealing it.

wanted to know what im doing wrong im letting the film dry before I wrap it is it because when im stretching the film from the top im not stretching the fingers out their that's why im getting the fingers popping up underneath ?is there a method to wrapping the film so wont get fingers underneath the hood?

I would try an adhesive promoter and make sure that area is prepped as there is more chemicals and grease from the engine. I have seen fingers under hood from various OEM paints not having a clearcoat films do not always stick well to base coats.

The fingers pop up around the front corners of the hood underneath.....Is there times when wrapping the hood is impossible just because how the underneath the hood is made so wrapping the hood is out of the question? 

Which brand? How do you prep the surface/ tuck area prior to install? How much material are you tying to tuck past the face?

I prefer a 45 degree cut at corners, so the face and edge are protected, but the film won't bunch together underneath. Most of the time, I tuck just over 1/8" beyond the edge. It usually stops just before it gets to the seam underneath the hood.

I only tend to use promoters on XPEL and Pro, usually only when film is expected to be above the point of zero tension at the edge of the panel. Don't deal with SunTek, so I wouldn't know about their product.

I don't believe I'm familiar with any hoods which cannot be tucked. There are some with tight fitting rubbers, but using your free hand's thumb as a spacer gives enough room for tuck, usually.

Archived