3M DI-NOC interior wrap troubles

Okay, so I've been attempting to wrap my 2005 impreza rs interior with 3M carbon fiber vinyl.  So far the top vent part and the two small vent covers turned out great, but I'm having issues with the center part, where the head unit and temp controls are.  I've wrapped it once and in the of the area for the head unit I can't get the vinyl to stretch enough and stick.  I'm thinking I'll have to do it in a couple of parts, but I'm not sure how to go about that.  The only other issue I've run into are getting the very small button holes properly held down.  I'd appreciate any advice you guys have for me.

20150721_134241.jpg

20150721_134249.jpg

20150721_134245.jpg

Ahhh bend backs on trim. I'd do it mult piece. One piece that fits in the recessed area and the one bigger piece for the main face of the trim. In that order. Shape the bigger piece and over lap the recessed trim. The CF is so busy you won't see the edges of the vinyl.

Ahhh bend backs on trim. I'd do it mult piece. One piece that fits in the recessed area and the one bigger piece for the main face of the trim. In that order. Shape the bigger piece and over lap the recessed trim. The CF is so busy you won't see the edges of the vinyl.

so do the part I've highlighted in red first then do the outside and overlap onto the red part a bit?  or do the whole inner part as one piece?  

20150721_134249.jpg

I am really curious about this as well because it looks like you may have to do it in 3 pieces... The highlighted part, sides and then finally the face of the panel. Lets see what the pros say!

Ummm that looks like it may be satin or matte black not carbon fibre  :embar

Ummm that looks like it may be satin or matte black not carbon fibre  :embar

That is an unwrapped factory finish radio bezzel....   :DD

I ran out of the 3m any way so I decided to switch to SimCarbon it's allot cheaper.  Have you guys heard much about it, the reviews seemed good.  I tried wrapping the entire front with a test piece and then cutting it away from the very inside (the part I highlighted) and that seemed to work better.  The simcarbon will be here tomorrow so I'll be wrapping it tomorrow, any other ideas?  I appreciate the help!

Archived