Help with my window wall

hello,

I do not know anything about window tint but I figured you guys could help me out. so here goes. The wall of my den and dining room is four glass panes two of which are doors. I will upload pics as soon as I can but I have tinted the top portion and really noticed a difference in the heat in the house. the ac does not turn on as much either.... but heres the problem. during the day time you can see outside if you are inside.... but if you are outside it looks like a mirror and you cannot see in side. this effect is reversed at night so that you cannot see outside from inside, but from outside you could lean on the window and no one could see you. I need to find a good window tint to keep the sun down that does not do this. Can anyone help me with this?

Have you ever been in Anycity USA? Seen any shiny tinted buildings that are hard to see in?

Have you been in the same city at night and noticed you can see straight in?

The people in the story at the link below also learned the hard way that you cannot fight light physics.Please invest in blinds or drapes if you plan to lean your naked behind against the glass at night.

Maybe get some motion sensor spot lights for your yard to enable you to see which of your neighbours is there for the show.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/christchurch-office-sex-caught-on-camera-from-busy-bar-across-the-road/story-fnet0gt3-1227205697002

Hi Spreveaux,  I am not a flat glass tinter, and I am sure some of the flat glass guys will chime in here once they see this. 

But, it sounds like you have a DR film (dual reflective)  which is popular in the flat glass world.  The flat glass guys will be able to tell you what other films will work for you.  

Also the physics of the situation are fighting you as well.  In order to achieve not being able to see in at night, the amount of light on the outside needs to be brighter than the light on the inside.  One way to achieve this is to point some sort of flood light or accent light directly at the outside of the window at night.  This allows the reflective effects to work.  If the light inside is brighter than the light outside, this effect will not work.  :twocents

Hello Spre. , as others have mentioned you are dealing with light transmission issues. However , a true dual reflective film will be a lot less reflective at night looking out. Judging by the difference top/bottom ,looks to be  a silver film installed now. Have a reputable film co.  show you some samples. Or if you're doing the job yourself,go to a shop and see whats available, they might sell you what you need. :thumb

Have you ever been in Anycity USA? Seen any shiny tinted buildings that are hard to see in?

Have you been in the same city at night and noticed you can see straight in?

The people in the story at the link below also learned the hard way that you cannot fight light physics.Please invest in blinds or drapes if you plan to lean your naked behind against the glass at night.

Maybe get some motion sensor spot lights for your yard to enable you to see which of your neighbours is there for the show.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/christchurch-office-sex-caught-on-camera-from-busy-bar-across-the-road/story-fnet0gt3-1227205697002

Agree with the above.

One other option to avoid the "inside mirror look at night" is to install a Silver / Dye (silver out) film such as Grey silver 10 (silver out)...

And invest in light outside!

I'll have to see how our new Dual Reflective Ceramic films work with the night time effect.  We installed this film on a container house showroom.

Good luck!

That's a big problem with the best heat rejection film,,interior reflectance or seeing out at night even DR films or any film type unless super light stuff that really does not help as good with comfort,shading,privacy during the day

just close the shades at night,,what are you going to see anyway?lol

I don't want mirror looking tint? Chose a lighter film or Well suffer and keep your shades down

Archived