L.O.T.P #481

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did I miss this earlier?  

I mean I don't know... the lyrics just really inspire me guys. This is definitely one song that shaped me into being the person I am today. Rebecca Blacks genius is unmatched by any other artist in the game. Period.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday.

Today is Friday, Friday.

And tomorrow is Saturday, and after thatttt its Sundayyyyyy

:blink   I must have hit my elbow harder than I thought   :gasp

So I got home just a little while ago, and my landlord sent me a letter saying the rent was increasing due to "rising costs of maintenance & additional capital outlays"..  ie. running a 220 line and the A/C unit. 

I'm a little ticked... my apt. is still under valued for what I pay & what I have... but I think they should have said - Sure.. we'll do this (the AC stuff) but your rent will go up.  (My neighbors upstairs did not get a rent increase letter - I live in a duplex, I'm on the 1st floor, they are on the 2nd/3rd) 

At least give me the option of them getting the AC unit w/ a rent increase, or not...  

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal... I'm planning on moving next spring/summer anyway, but still. Just seems kindof crummy IMO.  :dunno

Especially since I haven't asked them to do anything to my place in all the yrs that I've lived here... (I think 11 or 12 yrs now) 

Am I off base?? 

You're not off base Roach??  You should be a little miffed because there was no notice that this might happen.  

Question?  Is the landlord an individual or rental company?  I'm guessing some guy that owns a building and is acting like a landlord??  If so, rent increases and maintenance issues being ignored becomes a result of personal issues on top of bad business.   :sorry

If it were a rental company, all these issues would be laid out ahead of time and would or SHOULD be handled in a more diplomatic manner,

rather than having to deal with,,  " I think I'll raise the rent, deal with it, or don't" .    

Don't get me wrong,, the other side is.  the chain of command to get stuff done with a rental company(if it's a bad one) can be just as bad, if not worse than renting from an individual.  I'm dealing with that presently.  :facepalm

Archived