L.O.T.P #481

It's privately owned. My landlord and her husband own a bunch of properties... She has hers, he has his... This building is hers. They have been renting units for many many years.. before they met & got married. 

I have never had any problems with them... Whenever I have had to call them about something, they generally take care of the issue quickly. They cut the grass here, so neither myself or my upstairs neighbor do that... The only times I've had to call were when upstairs has flooded where their washing machine is and it's come down into my apt... and then this time with the AC. Actually, my refrigerator was acting up a yr or two ago.. so he came out and fixed that. 

She has been extremely understanding during the winter months when work is slow and I've been late on my rent here and there.. So I'm thankful for that. But overall I think I've been a rather decent tenant.  :thumb

The apartment I want to move to is in a complex... so it's gonna be a lot different compared to where I'm at now. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you see, there are advantages to both sides.  Those breaks during the slow time might be harder to come by with a complex.  But the complexes tend to stay on top of maintenance better.  Roll the dice.  :dunno

Ownership with no HOA's is the only way to go,,,,, if you can get there.  :money 

Glad I've only ever rented rooms from my friends so far. I would like to buy a house one day, but not in California. Housing here is I N S A N E. For the price I pay to rent a room (700$) I could get a mortgage back in Delaware or Maryland on a nice, 2-3 bedroom 1-2 bathroom home on an acre of property ><

Archived