PPF on License Plates?

Has anyone considered or have done PPF on license plates? Reason I ask, here in Florida, they only offer a new plate every 10 years without having to pay extra. Last month my wife finally got a new plate after the 10 year period and the old one was so oxidized and discolored that she was actually stopped a couple of times because law enforcement couldn't read it. (And yes, I did try to clean it)  I would assume PPF would help keep that from happening although I know most the products out there will only really last maybe 5 years before needing to be replaced. Does PPF provide UV protection? When time for the PPF to be replaced will it take the coloring off the plate? Any thought on this one? Thanks in advance! 

Probably won't make any difference to the fading problem as there are no uv inhibitors in ppf so the protected paint is allowed to fade at the same rate as the unprotected paint.

Steve

Not really concerned about the fading as much as I was wondering about preventing the aluminum from oxidizing and when the PPF starts to fail, being able to remove it without the reflective coating that shows the letters and numbers coming off. 

How much for a vanity plate? I'm originally from NH and they have just about the cheapest vanity plate costs which is why there are a ton of them in that state. I think they ran for about $100. Just can't imagine plates being that expensive but I wouldn't know as it's not a popular topic of conversation.

Archived