Anybody tinted a yacht?

How on earth am I going to tint these side windows. there's a frame on the inside obstructing the glass, Pretty sure its all fixed solid. you can kinda see it on the pic.  The whole boat will be a nightmare but its a good friend and I refuse to pass on the job.

post-35629-0-52338200-1441856560_thumb.j

I've tinted a few boats, nothing I'd call a yacht though. Just working boats and what not.They were all complete cluster f's. Crusty sliders, impossible angles and hard to reach areas, working around a lot of equipment etc. Not to mention getting everything to the boat. Or finding a place to cut film. Oh and getting through those dang security doors on the dock with your film and tools is lots of fun.

You cannot charge enough.

Were you can't get the film to cover daylight(middle of the 2)use black vinyl graphic as trim tape on the outside of the glass/the frame is black

Some of them triangle windows are sliders/one side and they overlap and black vinyl blends in nice and it lasts,,RVs also=Land Yachts?

When the people sitting in the boat at the next dock,,you mite get more work?lol

I put this tint on the outside for the fronts,,the owner knew that was were it had to go because no room behind the dash,,no warranty,lol,,it fit in the my shop tho

post-40089-0-46115700-1441858124_thumb.j

Measure and precut/rough cut the patterns at the shop?,,a piece of coroplast(plastic cardboard) makes for a lightweight peel board and a carpet metal strip makes a cheap strait edge if you do it on site

Get the pattern cut better on the glass before peel liner depending on crap in the bottom edge?

Watch for bugs? they make nice little decorations between the film and window?lol

post-40089-0-73168000-1441888366_thumb.j

Archived