I've seen a lot, but this was a first

I do at least 12 full windshields a week, and never had one come back for removal due to contamination. I am also a LLumar dealer and never had a vehicle come back due to bubbling. A customer got 20% on front two windows, and 50% on windshield. Customer kept calling and saying film was lighter then the 20% / 50% combo from previous shop. I metered film and registered spot on. I did not here back from customer for a couple of weeks, and then I recieved a picture saying the windshield was bubbling. I said to come in, and I will take a look. I got in the vehicle with customer standing there, and touched the bubbles. I've never seen bubbles like this before. They were not white, and there was no air underneath them. It looked almost like a gel of some sort got under the film. So I put a little more pressure on one with my finger nail, and it moved. I then told the customer they were not bubbles in the film, and it was on the outside of the film, as customer could clearly see. I got my microfiber and cleaned them all off. Long story short, the customer put their fingers in syrup and flicked them at the windshield so it would look like bubbles, because customer wanted the windshield redone darker. That's a new one to me! 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a bit to find the cause of little knicks/cuts in mostly driver doorglass film

Was it rings or jewalry? Was it a gun barrel? Was it something inside the door panel?

It was when people release the seatbelt/let it fly and the metal end wacks the door glass

I just tinted our Pathfinder(while ago) and the 1st day the woman had 3 knicks in the film,,I informed her and she said it's flying off my fat gut?,,she was pregnant tho,,lol

Archived