Solar Gard Ultra Perforamnce Review

Guest gstuart

Guest gstuart

Solar Gard Ultra Performance Tint installed on a 2015 Q60 Coupe. Find them at http://solargard.com/window-films/automotive/auto-films/ultra-performance

Front: 30%

Rear: 20%

Back: 20%

Material?? Have no idea. Shop says ceramic, Solar Gard says not ceramic.

Clarity? Pretty bad! Especially in direct sunlight...  See the haze?  And these are just photos. Imagine how bad it is in real life!

Tint has been installed for about 1 month now.

gKgRAoM.jpg

Here is another shot at around 3pm... 

deHk7qm.jpg

Truck blocking the sun.  Not to much hazing.

KX7Zcdp.jpg

This is what they call "Ultra Performance offers industry leading film clarity for unaltered visibility and safe driving."  And I cleaned the windows on both side today.

3G4Z902.jpg

For the price I paid: $460 installed.  Compared to other Ceramics I've dealt with, this Ultra Performance line is a huge disappointment. Definitely not worth what I paid for it. I wouldn't even have it on my car if it was free.  The haze effect you get during the day is annoying!

Out of 5 stars. I give the tint itself a 1 out of 5.

And if you look at the photos, you too would have to agree. Stay away from the Ultra Performance tints! It's garbage.

Sorry you got that stuff. I got a roll of it when it was brand news years and years ago. Put it on one car, it came back months later already looking bad. I still have the whole roll. It may have been changed since then but I've also heard early this year that that film is being discontinued. Thats just what I've heard

Guest gstuart

Sorry you got that stuff. I got a roll of it when it was brand news years and years ago. Put it on one car, it came back months later already looking bad. I still have the whole roll. It may have been changed since then but I've also heard early this year that that film is being discontinued. Thats just what I've heard

I'm surprised it took this long for it to be discontinued. It's horrible. Just look at the haze. This should be illegal.

Archived