Film on solution problems

I'm new to using film on solution I used it on 3 cars. And on the back glass I get these spots inside the film... Like it is drying to fast.. Sticking to quickly before I can squeegee all the water out. I know this is the issue because after I peeled the tint off to reinstall I changed my water and put baby shampoo instead.. And wallaa no dry spots it didn't dry to quickly.. I wonder what's causing the issue with the film on.. My dealership buys it and I don't want to come out of pocket for baby shampoo

post-40362-0-37160100-1446811157_thumb.jpg

You are not adding enough or working to slow. :dunno  I use it a lot and don't have that problem. I would like to think a couple dollars out of pocket for a bottle of baby shampoo ain't going to break the bank to have a slip solution you like use if it came down to it. 

sounds like you just need to work on the mixture for Film-on.  I personally use a cap full, about one tablespoon, in a 2 liter sprayer.  This works for me 99% of the time and I use the same mix year round.  If I run into a window that is not slipping like I want I have an 8 ounce sprayer that has about the same tablespoon full in it.  I call it Mr Soapy!

I had something similar happen with tint slime. Not all films like the same solution. I know someone will chime in say they use it with global and it's fine. Save it. Didn't work for me. Use what works and what the manufacture recommends.

Archived