Help maybe u have a tip for me?

I specialize in PDR and I have been window tinting for 8 months. I mainly do Mercedes Benz vehicles. Well I work at a dealership and we moved to a new location. They put the window tint and detail dept in the same room. So I have 2 tint glasses. A graghtec, and we are using lumar. The issue is the 4 detailers use a air blower all day to blow of excess water, and whatever else is on the vehicles. I have noticed lint all over the place. I told them to put up a curtain or something but they don't want to spend the money. What would u recommend.. I don't know what else to do for this

Who buys the film? You or the dealershit? If they buy it, explain to them that every time a hair or piece of lint gets trapped in the film and needs to be replaced, it's costing them money for wasting film and for labor to replace it.  If tinting is not your primary source of income and just something secondary, you could always tell them you aren't going to install anymore until they make some adjustments to your work area so you can provide better results. 

Many many years ago, I worked in a shop that buffed cars 8 feet away from the tint bay. Back then wool pads were the norm ...not foam. .. There were millions of little hairs floating around at all times. .. My exact words to the shop owner was that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. .. It took about 2 months for them to hang a curtain and even then crap still floated around.

I tint all cars in an auto repair shop. Fortunately, my work starts when their work ends, but I still have issues with contamination. The mechanics know what is acceptable while I'm working. I have gotten better at tinting because of this, and the reality that I can't isolate my bay from theirs.

Archived