L.O.T.P. # 527

Went to my ortho guy today.. His assistant came in first... Went thru it all.. He was like - the doc will be in shortly. I said - That's fine.. Tell him to bring a bone saw and tarp.

He came in without. :(

Said my ankle is worse then my last visit.. Talked about options... I dunno what to do... Decisions decisions....

Its feeling much better ATM. Told him my main concern is the fact this latest issue was not brought on by anything... He said that can happen as it gets worse..

Ugh..

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to my ortho guy today.. His assistant came in first... Went thru it all.. He was like - the doc will be in shortly. I said - That's fine.. Tell him to bring a bone saw and tarp.

He came in without. :(

Said my ankle is worse then my last visit.. Talked about options... I dunno what to do... Decisions decisions....

Its feeling much better ATM. Told him my main concern is the fact this latest issue was not brought on by anything... He said that can happen as it gets worse..

Ugh..

I'm guessing that it would be knee down,  or upper thigh down,  if you went the amputation route? would you have to do both at once, or would that be the best option?

And have you tried the arm crutches?              I used to shoot pool with a one legged guy who got around really well with the arm crutches.  

Sorry for all the questions.   :D 

I'm guessing that it would be knee down,  or upper thigh down,  if you went the amputation route? would you have to do both at once, or would that be the best option?

And have you tried the arm crutches?              I used to shoot pool with a one legged guy who got around really well with the arm crutches.  

Sorry for all the questions.   :D

It would be below the knee... While I would like to do both at the same time, I think if it got to that point I would do my left first....

I haven't tried the arm crutches.. 

The thing with the reconstructive surgery is if it didn't work, that would be a year down the tubes to only have to go the amputation route anyway.

Of course if it did work, I'd still have my foot.

My crystal ball is broken... my back up is the Magic 8 ball.... which isn't exactly clear in it's prediction. :lol2

Yep... fortunately, there isn't any rush.... For the time being, I'm gonna proceed with my plans to have a full time installer or two... work the sales/marketing/other side of things.. and just try and prepare for what comes.

If I were to do either... it would probably be in November... that way work is slower to begin with...

So I'll see how work is next summer as well as my foot/feet and see what I wanna do then... rinse and repeat each yr. 

Honestly, I probably would put this off a while - the thing that freaked me out is what happened last week which wasn't due to anything such as being on my feet for the whole day working or whatever.. and the length of it lasting. 

Archived