Eastman's Annual Report: Purchase Price of CLC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like, CLC's former owners offloaded at the market's peak. According to this article, there's a slowdown in our industry:

Eastman Chemical Company expects to reduce non-operations labor by up to 5 percent worldwide, which includes cutting 300 to 350 employees, according to a company statement.

http://www.windowfilmmag.com/2015/12/eastman-chemical-company-to-reduce-non-operations-labor

“Eastman does not as a practice disclose specific plans within a given business,” Travis Smith, vice president and general manager of Eastman Performance Films, says. “But as a global leader in aftermarket window films and protective films, Eastman remains committed to enabling the growth and success of our dealers and partners around the world.”

CLC's sales in Asia and BRICS dropped after Eastman paid $438 million for CLC.

I can only speculate the headcounts will be reduced in window film business.

Advanced Materials – Sales revenue increased due to increased sales volume and sales of products of the acquired Commonwealth performance films business, partially offset by an unfavorable shift in foreign currency exchange rates and lower selling prices, primarily for copolyesters due to lower raw material and energy costs. Excluding non-core items, operating earnings increased to $409 million for 2015 compared with $293 million for 2014 primarily due to higher sales volume and improved product mix, earnings from the acquired business, and lower raw material and energy costs exceeding lower selling prices, partially offset by an unfavorable shift in foreign currency exchange rates.

http://www.eastman.com/Company/News_Center/2016/Pages/Eastman-Announces-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2015-Financial-Results.aspx

WOW! They did well.

I believe it is lets see whats to come for small businesses like myself and a lot of us on here , companys buy other companies all the time like google yahoo etc. a lot of newbee tint shops don't care about longevity they care BOUT PRICE ONLY ,there not thinking of 10 or 20yrs from now they just want to tint as many vehicles as  they can there a few in my town that do this and they say hey carry name brand but they just put a lower grade film on that name brands box, 1.5 to 2yrs down the road there film is a ll delaminated on a lot of vehicles ,and there theory behind this is who cares. been doing this along time and that's not the way to do businessmy opinion only of course

Archived