Eastman's Annual Report: Purchase Price of CLC

I'm tired of the current "big boy" game and I'm ready for the Revolution.

ok this is the MBA marketing class that i conduct for big boys in Korea

Big gets bigger, coming to a town near you.

Part 1: Horizontal-Market Penetration

Big boys will sell their house brand to you,

the same facility supplies another brand to your neighbour

the same film is then offloaded cheaply to private-labels who redistributes to another tintshop near you

It doesn't matter which brand the consumer choose, so long the film is from the same manny

Part 1: Vertical-Market Penetration

They are redefining factory-direct

In the past, factory-direct means bypassing the distributor

Now, they are importing their own tinters from China, Philippines and Mexico to handle projects directly with car-dealership and major architectural projects with builders, leaving the tint-shops to scrape from the remaining bones in Aftermarket. The global demand for tints will not increase BUT engaging car-dealerships and architects directly will translate to higher profit margins for the same length of film that they make.

Oh yes, i learnt this when I was in Mexico> please don't be confused.

tumblr_mb4fy13gtB1qg8qoso1_400.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bbvaldezjuly4th

the same film is then offloaded cheaply to private-labels who redistributes to another tintshop near you

It doesn't matter which brand the consumer choose, so long the film is from the same manny

Now, they are importing their own tinters from China, Philippines and Mexico to handle projects directly with car-dealership and major architectural projects with builders, leaving the tint-shops to scrape from the remaining bones in Aftermarket. The global demand for tints will not increase BUT engaging car-dealerships and architects directly will translate to higher profit margins for the same length of film that they make.

This I know. Sad part is that most don't know.

A tinter may have the choice to move from one brand to another but they may not be moving from one film to another.

The proverbial "wool has been pulled over their eyes" .

You have film mannies. ( very few) film distributors ( very many) film laminaters ( several) and then you have film brokers. ( good luck with an idea of how many of those there are)

Basically only 3 main sources here.

Most of this I am catching on to and actually already knew some of it and didn't know.

What I am seeing is the move to mask yourself as a manufacturer when you are still a laminator. Current examples to my knowledge would be the new MaxPro factory in NC. And I got wind that ASWF just bought a bunch of machines from Southwall

Making this a more complex puzzle. IMO

You talk like this has not been done before, this is being done now! Of course manufacturer's are not gonna let you tint a building by yourself, instead they outbid you :evileye

This I know. Sad part is that most don't know.

A tinter may have the choice to move from one brand to another but they may not be moving from one film to another.

The proverbial "wool has been pulled over their eyes" .

You have film mannies. ( very few) film distributors ( very many) film laminaters ( several) and then you have film brokers. ( good luck with an idea of how many of those there are)

Basically only 3 main sources here.

You only know what you are told. In some cases do what you are told :lol

Archived