Classic black 35%

Can anyone tell me what the 35% is metering? I currently use 40% qdp. Most newer cars that is fine. I get a few older cars though that meter above 80 and usually about 39 once the film is installed. I'd like to get something a little closer if possible.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with a meter, once you figure out the shade of glass and the shade of film applied, you can + or - the VLT's of either one to give you a Total VLT of the 2 combined. Example.....If a glass meters out at 75% and you apply a 38% film and it meters out at say 33% VLT with a meter, all you have to do is subtract or add numbers to one side or the other to get what you are looking for. 

Can anyone tell me what the 35% is metering? I currently use 40% qdp. Most newer cars that is fine. I get a few older cars though that meter above 80 and usually about 39 once the film is installed. I'd like to get something a little closer if possible.

What do you mean when you say QDP? Seen this said a lot of this site but am unclear of the line. I use Express classic black

What do you mean when you say QDP? Seen this said a lot of this site but am unclear of the line. I use Express classic black

Yeah what Ocala said. The classic black is a line that's made just for express. The classic charcoal that they have listed on their site is made by global. Their line of film is called quick dry plus our qdp for short.

Archived