shrinking a back glass

Lift the creased part of the film up off the glass and gently heat the crease; if it's not a bad crease then it will disappear.

Hand cut the film. Leave lots of extra film around the edges. If you crease it bad then you might be able to move the film over where the crease isn't affecting the job.

I feel that heat shrinking is something you really need to get a feel for on your own.

If the pucker is too large, or hasn't shrunk much then it will just fold over when you try to lay it down with your hand or card because the excess material needs somewhere to go. If you look closely you can see what the film is doing when it's about to crease. Once you get a feel for what the film can and can't handle then you can see what part of the film will crease when you pass over it before you pass over it. If that makes any sense?

More patience. Lil more heat. I do the dryer sheet method with a hard card.slo down let the heat do the job then push it down 6in. More heat 6 in more down and repeat. Its practice practice practice and you also have to get to know the film your using and how it shrinks and moves. Some times if it feels like it cant shrink anymore with out heat damage,pull the tint up a bit on that spot ,lay it back down and shrink a lil more. Good luck. Maybe provide video and we can give u more tils on what u doin rite of wrong.

The only thing that will eliminate creases is experience. It's not something that is learned easily. You have to know how to *read* the tint.

I can literally shrink a back glass and not even be paying that much attention to what I'm doing, and I can't remember the last time I creased a back glass.

So, practice, practice, practice ! Good luck to you.

Your welcome.  :cool

Archived