Using clear coat to seal the edges of 3M 1080

Despite my replies to OP I'm not against DIY .

Please anyone out there that wants to "play " with wraps do your research. Buy the best film and tools.

If there are parts of the process you cannot wrap (pun intended) your head around GO TO A PRO.

Like Sloth did  Ask questions BEFORE you Fug somethin up:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81047-new-guy-here-wrapping-a-yukon-denali-satin-black-and-i-have-a-question/

Despite my replies to OP I'm not against DIY .

Please anyone out there that wants to "play " with wraps do your research. Buy the best film and tools.

If there are parts of the process you cannot wrap (pun intended) your head around GO TO A PRO.

Like Sloth did  Ask questions BEFORE you Fug somethin up:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81047-new-guy-here-wrapping-a-yukon-denali-satin-black-and-i-have-a-question/

^^ this

also you can use optically clear edge seal tape. knifeless so you don't cut your paint/bumper up. 

I am still learning more and more every day. My wrap is still doing amazing because I did a lot of research before I even attempted to do something like this.

I'm always lurking and hoping to learn more and more. The right tools for this job isn't even up for debate, I couldn't imagine going at wrapping a car, bumper whatever blind.

Now I have bought the Primer 94, and I will redo this.

One thing I cant figure out is if I prime the surface (the edges) and then apply the film, will I be able to lift the wrap or do I have one shot only?

Can I tape the edges first, then wrap it, and lift the edge with the tape to apply Primer 94 behind it and then apply the wrap (after tape is removed).

All info I find is used with Primer 94 behind an edge. Where I apply the wrap the surface is flat and visible, so I can't do like in the videos.

Any tips?

Now I have bought the Primer 94, and I will redo this.

One thing I cant figure out is if I prime the surface (the edges) and then apply the film, will I be able to lift the wrap or do I have one shot only?

Can I tape the edges first, then wrap it, and lift the edge with the tape to apply Primer 94 behind it and then apply the wrap (after tape is removed).

All info I find is used with Primer 94 behind an edge. Where I apply the wrap the surface is flat and visible, so I can't do like in the videos.

Any tips?

you have the option of optically clear edge sealing tape as well. primer 94 is not fun to remove from your paint.

Archived