Marine Window Tinting

I called my rep from global and he said the hp film is the worst because of the metal in the film and that there is not a film for marine application.

any feedback?

what film are you guys using for marine?

I know there is not a lot of marine tinting occurring but any thoughts or past experience.

Thanks

The marine environment is going to be more harsh on films. When dealing with a marine application, the use of a metalized film can produce corrosion in the film. I agree with Dynamic, it would be advisable to use a sealant if using a metalyzed film. I would suggest a good Color Stable Non-Reflective 2ply film.

ok.. ya its all freshwater around here. no salt.. plus if people are spending $100,000 to $200,000 on boats.. i would hope that they are keeping it out of the weather/sun..

Any Should/will be fine with freshwater boats,,I haven't had any issues

thats what i gathered from some info i received from global...but obviously there's no warranty on it because they cannot guarantee it.

The marine environment is going to be more harsh on films. When dealing with a marine application, the use of a metalized film can produce corrosion in the film. I agree with Dynamic, it would be advisable to use a sealant if using a metalyzed film. I would suggest a good Color Stable Non-Reflective 2ply film.

what type of sealant?

One other thing to consider is if these are big boats, seeing they are $100,000-$200,000 boats, is will a metalized film mess with the gyroscopes and other instruments in the boats? This I do not have an answer for and something to consider.

One other thing to consider is if these are big boats, seeing they are $100,000-$200,000 boats, is will a metalized film mess with the gyroscopes and other instruments in the boats? This I do not have an answer for and something to consider.

there really not big boats.. just really expensive.. one boat is only 3 30"x 40" and the second boat is 5 panels with the added 2 20"x40" side panels...just simple malibu boats.. I did think of the metalized film messing with gyroscopes/instruments.

Archived