Need advice of installation PPF

I try to install a piece of paint protection film on the hood and the adhesive lines/marks showed up when I try to move the film on the paint. Or this can be happened on the front bumper, where the film needs to be stretched. I am using 3-4 drops shampoo with water as slip. Any suggestions for preventing this happen in the future. Is that because the adhesive too tacky. Remember using Suntek couple month ago ( same slip ) and didn't had problem as this, only 2-3 adhesive lines on the whole job. However, this time the defects shows a lot of places.

Does suntek has a different adhesive than other brands ?

post-33437-0-95537300-1461145674_thumb.jpg

That is commonly referred to as "silvering" and is caused when the adhesive is allowed to tack before the film has been squeegeed.  Sometimes this is because the install solution dried out (or the film sank through it in the case of gel), but usually it is found where an installer's hand was on the film.

It is best to avoid by making sure that all film is floating before it is squeegeed, however you can minimize or eliminate the effect by picking up the film, respraying the bottom and rubbing the adhesive with your hand.

Archived