need help please. tint scratching suntek carbon

Teflon-coated tape! Get some from your film supplier. Wrap edges of your cards. Greatly reduces risk of scratching film. Tools last longer. Cards glide across film.

:yeah

Sanding = It is possible to trap (or embed) micro-sized silica particles from sandpaper in a hard card edge, which in turn will scratch the SRC.

Man. Speak English. Lol, you da man smartie! I wish I could hang out with you for a whole month and record everything you say. You are the smartest "Tint" person I know!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't sand the blue ones/just pant leg(ditch them when worn)not the cheapest way

and the harder gold or white 3m cards I use scotchbrite to smooth them

I wrap them with paper towel if needed for some edges that need to be burned down with heat

Not sure how you guys scratch the suntek carbon but oh well

I sand them all. 800 or 1000 grit wet. Spray sandpaper with spray bottle, couple quick rubs down each side, smooth as silk.

Also trim all install squeegees when they get dinged from defroster clip or hit the floor...blue max, orange crush, go doctor and side swiper. I get years out of all my squeegees

Yes, if needed. I don't know how to post video here but will make a short one for YouTube.

Basically all the rubber ones (blue max, orange crush, clear max, and go doctor blades). Hard cards I just use a card sharper and a quick sanding.

I will get that video this afternoon. Fairly simple.

I had a BMW come back with scratches on film=up/down ones

The interior was very dusty dirt like was parked with windows open at a dirt track race? Lol

I removed the lower seals and they were all sticky from she said ice tea(maybe vodka also?) and the dirt/grit stuck pretty Good to the felt and stratched the carbon film/tinted couple years ago

But I sprayed them with degreaser and ran them under hot water in the sink and scubbed them and let them dry for abit

Archived