need help please. tint scratching suntek carbon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dry film and hard cards=scratches and not so good of cleaning of dirty dusty rides

I have used most brands of tint(that some of you are scratching)and use non wrapped blue 3m hard cards for ever,,I get box of 25 and only run them across my pants til its time to get a new one or mark a bad side

I like the blue max for the rear glass and occasionally go over a misted door glass with it

Teflon-coated tape! Get some from your film supplier. Wrap edges of your cards. Greatly reduces risk of scratching film. Tools last longer. Cards glide across film.

:yeah  

Sanding = It is possible to trap (or embed) micro-sized silica particles from sandpaper in a hard card edge, which in turn will scratch the SRC.

I just received some new release Black hard cards from A Plus. The cards seems to work really well. Might help with the less durable hard coats.

I went all the way to blue cards with the slip tape, a towel, wet paper towel... Everything still scratched the SunTek. It's just not that good imo. When I do a cat with it I cringe and treat the film like a new born.

Guest Metro Films

Dry film and hard cards=scratches and not so good of cleaning of dirty dusty rides

I have used most brands of tint(that some of you are scratching)and use non wrapped blue 3m hard cards for ever,,I get box of 25 and only run them across my pants til its time to get a new one or mark a bad side

I like the blue max for the rear glass and occasionally go over a misted door glass with it

Do you sand them ive used them and they still scratch. I just wrap em now

Archived