bg and windshield

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask a couple things and maybe point out some stuff in the process..... This is just my twocents. :thumb

Are you dryer sheet shrinking?? Are you releasing the film from the shrink and then back rolling ( in other words, lifting the piece off the glass from where it was shrunk) ??

If you are dryer sheeting -- how do you clean all that stuff off th back of your film?? When you roll it up, all that dryer sheet residue is on the liner and can get into the film when you unroll it.

As for peeling on the car -- this makes it tough to clean the backside of the film of residue. I've never had luck trying to roll while still molded to the glass, and not released. This has never worked well for me.

The peel board gives you the opportunity to flip your film, clean th backside of residue, and roll much easier. Also you ar not spraying junk off the car into your piece.

Again. Just my :twocents It sounds like you are pretty close to having it down,, just practice and clean. :cleanwindows

Twenty plus years later and I still get spots in the backglass on the regular. :heh

Let me ask a couple things and maybe point out some stuff in the process..... This is just my twocents. :thumb

Are you dryer sheet shrinking?? Are you releasing the film from the shrink and then back rolling ( in other words, lifting the piece off the glass from where it was shrunk) ??

If you are dryer sheeting -- how do you clean all that stuff off th back of your film?? When you roll it up, all that dryer sheet residue is on the liner and can get into the film when you unroll it.

As for peeling on the car -- this makes it tough to clean the backside of the film of residue. I've never had luck trying to roll while still molded to the glass, and not released. This has never worked well for me.

The peel board gives you the opportunity to flip your film, clean th backside of residue, and roll much easier. Also you ar not spraying junk off the car into your piece.

Again. Just my :twocents It sounds like you are pretty close to having it down,, just practice and clean. :cleanwindows

Twenty plus years later and I still get spots in the backglass on the regular. :heh

Last sentence.At least you're honest. We all do.

I do hose it down a lot and I am using a dryer sheet to shrink and not cleaning underneath. and I peel after I shrink. I don't release it from the shrink. Should I release it from the shrink? And one other ? You have a pic of a peel board you use. I have one I use in the sides but will it make it harder since it shrink and wavy? To put o a peel board?

I do hose it down a lot and I am using a dryer sheet to shrink and not cleaning underneath. and I peel after I shrink. I don't release it from the shrink. Should I release it from the shrink? And one other ? You have a pic of a peel board you use. I have one I use in the sides but will it make it harder since it shrink and wavy? To put o a peel board?

Everyone has different ways. I don't like trying to roll a big glass with a lot of shrink in it on a car,, like say a Charger.

I move to peel board and if it has a lot of shrink in it, I roll a little looser. No problem.

I found a big sliding door glass and took the frame off. :thumb

post-28358-0-80906400-1465841196_thumb.j

Everyone has different ways. I don't like trying to roll a big glass with a lot of shrink in it on a car,, like say a Charger.

I move to peel board and if it has a lot of shrink in it, I roll a little looser. No problem.

I found a big sliding door glass and took the frame off. :thumb

image.jpeg

This day and age a glass wall is mandatory. With soft ass glass and what not its just a matter of time before it bites you. Another thing I add is I lift the film spray underneath, push all the water out with a hard card. Once it's smoothed out I spray the liner and clean the film with me squeegee channel. Then mist the film again and lift liner.

Here's one I reverse rolled yesterday. This is my starting edge. Where you do see what looks like contamination that's actually the start of the dot matrix. I think found one spec on that side that was easily crushed out.

post-29693-0-58332600-1465853935_thumb.j

Looks good and the advice helps. Not cleaning behind the film is got to be where my flaws were coming. The middle is always clean. Just the edges. I'm gonna def swap to hard glass instead of soft. It's has got me already a few times!

Archived