bg and windshield

lol same here. You try to be so carefull then damn it did that just touch.........I just had a car all I did was touch the back glass with my soap solution and a white scotch bright pad part of the rear defroster line fell off how the hell is that possible?

This your first time experiencing that? I had it happen to me on a Grand Marquis and also had lines slide right off while trying to position the film into place on a Volvo. Like I tell my youngest daughter "Shit Happens" 

Wow, I had that happen recently on a hooptie. I was like WTF??? the defroster lines are sliding all over the place!  :eye

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do both reverse roll and the fold method like Rjsi. The fold method works good for me unless it has a small deck to support the film on. Tried Frankenstein a few times but after 4 shoulder surgeries just isn't for me.

What is the cause of the rear defroster to fall off ocala and I tinted? I always use low heat and white scrubbie pads.

Poor or ineffective firing onto the surface during the manufacturing phase. The defrost/demister lines, antenna lines, and black frit are all placed on the glass through a process similar to silk-screening images to poster board or T-shirts. The glass is then placed in a mold where it gains its shape, tempering of the glass and firing of those three components to the surface all at once by high temperature heating. Kind of like the firing of glaze to pottery.

What is the cause of the rear defroster to fall off ocala and I tinted? I always use low heat and white scrubbie pads.

Go with what Smartie said as I really don't know the reason why stuff like that happens sometimes. All I can say is that it really doesn't have anything to do with the amount of heat or technique we use to clean/install the film, it's a manufacturer's defect in the glass. 

Archived