scrap tint

I am just curious to know what you guys do with your scraps. I am starting to form a huge pile of tint. Please don't tell me you roll it up, mark it and stick it in a box. I can't stand working with previously rolled tint. I'm just trying to see if anyone has any good ideas or a great system they use for the extras or the miss cut pieces. Thanks :angel

Guest thetintshop

I throw away everything that won't make an eyebrow. if it will make an eyebrow, I "roll it up and put it in a box". sorry, but it's worth it for those jack asses that come in wanting only an eyebrow. plus, I do alot of w/shield replacement and have to put the eyebrows back up. it's nice to get $25 for something I would normally throw away.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Same here TTS. Only I might let it hang around a couple days. But usually if it got the least bit wet it's liner gets stuck to the film and even wants to finger up if I roll it up. I hang the strips for eyebrows over a sort of closet pole under my film rack. I try to at least hand like shades together so I can sift thru them easier.

Another fellow tinter I know here has large tubes like big pve pipe he rolls his up nicely and has labels and everything, Too much trouble for me for a scrap.

I used to have a big dumpster behind one of my shops. These little oriental guys that worked at a restaurant behind me would dig around in the dumpster and get those scraps out and lay them on their cars to see if they'd fit :angel I'd stand there and watch out the tinted windows. You'd think they'd struck gold. :mrgreen:

Go to the Dollar store and buy a carousel hanger..it's got about 20-30 cloth -pin clips on it I keep the scraps that are good for 1/4 windows , windshield brows and the triangle peicesoff of the front doors for the vents on older style trucks..throw the rest out...I figure ..I paid for it...why not ?? :angel

if it something I know I can use again I will roll it up and put it in a box, with a piece of tape saying what darkness it is, I only really save stuff big enough to do a visor or something.

that's what I do ..only I have permanent labels on each clip on the carousel..that way I know just where to go ..have my windshield eyebrow clips, different shades for 1/4 window clips and vent window clips..that way you don't have to roll or label them..just clip them in there organized clip for future use..when each clip isholding for that enough peices..then I just throw away the scrap till I notice a clip running a little low..I rarly cut from the box for vent or smal 1/4 windows.. :angel

Archived