How do you tint guys get the windows so clean?

I do auto detailing on the side, and I'm not too bad if I do say so myself  :hat

But I HATE cleaning windows.  No matter what type of cleaner I use, no matter the type of cloth I use, no what which hand I clean with...they always look bad and I cannot get them clean.

Any time I've had my windows tinted, the vehicle comes back with perfectly clean windows...crystal clear.  As time passed, they progessively get worse, and I'm right back where I started.  Clearly you guys have some magic potion you use.  

Would anyone share how they get windows so clean...both the plain glass and tinted windows.  What type of cleaner and what type of rag.  You can share what had you use if it's part of the magic.

Guest scottj

speaking of Sprayway.....the old cans said safe for window film ,BUT the newer cans say not for aftermarket tint,anyone notice this?

speaking of Sprayway.....the old cans said safe for window film ,BUT the newer cans say not for aftermarket tint,anyone notice this?

I just checked that. :blink Wow!! :crazy I can't believe that. It must have to much alcohol in it to be film safe.

OEM tint is just glass. We all know that. Weird. :mellow:

I just realized,,,, Soooooo, :hmmm what about the fact that Interwest Tools offers a custom logo package for tint shops of SprayAway :?

Hard to get windows super clean and streak free with using 2 paper wet or dirty bath towels,,you need a few wadded up and then flip it over and use the dry side and polish it like removing wax,,repeat with new wad of towels if necc

White scotchbrite pads or steel wool and about any glass cleaner or mixed water with whatever tint soap slip stuff will work also,,can glass cleaner stuff becomes ex$pensive

Some paper towels(cheapies) can leave some lint,but you can blow it away with air hose considering you are detailing the car

Very hard to get glass nicely clean if in the sunlight and tint film cleans up way better than glass with just a damp paper towel then a dry one

My detail buddy says my glass cleaning is awesome

Archived