cut patterns long or short side windows

In my opinion, a professional install should always go below the gasket. To many times I see film on the bottom of cars being pushed up from the it hitting the gasket from the window being rolled down repeatedly. Not going to tell anyone how to run their biz, but under gasket is a must at our shop.

I'm not sure what the right answer is for this.  I try to get mine cut just long enough to see no edges.  But I try to to cut the tuck just long enough to get under the gasket.  Too long is a PITA.  Short is obviously a no no.  Sides are the tricky part.  Depends on the offset whether positive or negative etc.  Constantly running possible issues through my mind....lol

Mee too thats why I post it...my friend cuts them super long I don't. Know how he does it

By cutting the film longer on the sides, you can hide the small creases that might happen while tucking the film into the lower sweep. By cutting them long on the bottom, you can help avoid the potential of the film curling because of a second sweep that might below the first that you can't see. 

In my opinion, a professional install should always go below the gasket. To many times I see film on the bottom of cars being pushed up from the it hitting the gasket from the window being rolled down repeatedly. Not going to tell anyone how to run their biz, but under gasket is a must at our shop.

Archived