2002 Lexus gs300

I've been tinting full time for myself for 5 years now and have never run into this problem. Had an 02 Lexus gs300 this morning. On just the driver window and after a wet shrink, I was getting large fingers on the sides and bottoms? I creased the first pattern of the driver window which was the first window i installed. I moved onto the passenger which tinted with no issue and the rest of the car tinted easy as expected. I went back to the front and went through probably 7 wet shrunk patterns before I side shrunk the pattern and was able to get it installed with some additional shrinking after application. I've done a variety of years and models of Lexus and have dealt with the common issues, but have never dealt with a problem on one window like this. Has anyone experienced this? The car is finished and sold but I'm still irritated I don't know why or how to best deal with any issue like this going forward.

Archived