Clear Coat Issues on Vinyl Install

Hey there, I am a beginner at wrapping and decided to learn a bit on my 02 Honda.

The paint on the hood and roof are badly faded and look terrible. So i decided to wrap them. I wrapped the hood and it went GREAT no issues despite some areas missing clear and tons of rock chips. So two weeks later I decided to tackle the roof. I lay the vinyl on and start adjusting it and notice a bunch of clear is sticking to the vinyl. Oh crap..... So i finish installing it despite the issues to get practice and an idea on how to wrap it anyway since I don't necessarily care about the paint then removed the vinyl.

What I would like to know is if I could wet/sand the roof down and remove the clear and install the vinyl over the raw paint. Or if there is a better solution.. I am doing everything on a slim budget so re-painting is not a option really since at that point I might as well spray the roof and hood. I could spray clear  it probably but I don't have faith that would lay even enough not to run into the same issue.

Thanks in advance!!

I have not resolved it yet, I have been waiting on better weather so I can wet sand it down and maybe rattle can clear it and wait a month for it to cure then try again. 

What has better odds of working? Wetsand only or Wetsand +Clear

I wouldn't waste my time clearing it again. I have feathered out peeling clear and wrapped over it with no issue . A rattle can will most likely not turn out to well and just peel off when you remove the wrap latter anyway.

Archived