Glass Coating

From my experience, it hasn't been an issue with adhesion. It only makes it difficult for the install as the install solution will constantly bead off causing the film to stick instantly instead of having time to position the film. I have found that using an alcohol solution through the whole install has worked in those situations, but that is with our film. Don't know how well it would work with other films as adhesives are all different from manufacturers.

Never had any issues applying it over the coating... but every car is different.

I had a guy I was working with that coated an audi with opti.

I told the guy that coated it that it could cause issues down the road. it was the first one I did and didn't feel great about it since I would be the one having to deal with the issues if it did lift. which it did in the colder months. power washers created air bubbles from lifting. he said he was being careful. I fixed it for him. it was amazingly easy to relift rewet and lay back down.

I told the customer you may have problems down the road. keep away with power spray and he would be ok.

all the ones after he coated over the bra and never had issues.

I like to stay away from it when I apply film. it causes sticking issues as well, need to use lots of slip.

Power washers can cause any film to lift if they get to close to the edge. I have seen it especially during the summer when guys are too lazy to hand wash bugs off. That isn't a warranty issue though... definitely damage to the film by whoever used the washer and its not repairable.

Archived