Switching Films

Guest shadytinting

Guest shadytinting

Hi fellow tinters, I have been using johnsons since about 1998, everywhere I go I see people using llumar. Is llumar a better film or is it just a more popular name.

please help with this, should I give llumar a try and if so with is the film model # or name I should use. right now I use johnsons sp series. thanks for the help. :hmmm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

Well... if you have been a member of that mail-order club for that long and are seriously switching, be prepared for sticker shock. LLuLLu is not cheap.

Look into their AT Charcoal, ATR Charcoal and Platinum series... those offer the best as far as color stability and popularity among LLuLLu users like me. :hmmm

:thumb except I don't use the AT line. ATR is one of the best films out there for appearance (matching color of factory darkened glass), shrinkability, and dependability. BEWARE! It is pricey, but there's no question that it's worth the upgrade from Johnson.

Guest areyouthetintguy?

having used just about every film made,I want to know the specific resons why you say llullu is so much better than johnsons..is it the adhesive..dont think so...is it the shrinkability.dont think so,is it the price.definitly dont think so,is it the customer service.again.dont think so,is it the longevity ..nope,dont think so.....so what is it then? let me know.......can it be the marketing?that may be the only reason

how about the fact the EVERY time I order something, they have it in stock. Does Johnson have it in stock, DON'T THINK SO! I guarantee I've seen a lot more "fuzzy" back windows with Johnson. You mention customer service. Every, and I do mean EVERY time I placed an order with Johnson, I had a different rep for my area. Llullu customer service could not be better. Shrikability???? That may be a toss up, so I'll give you that one. Obviously shady has issues with Johnson, or he would not even be looking to switch. Let's talk about matching factory darkened glass. Johnson does not have that deep, dark, black look. It looks like a green mirror. And before you tell me I used the wrong film, let's just say that I started using Johnson in '94, back when PGC was the good stuff. I switched to SP when it came out and used ever since. I've also used Llullu since '97. Llullu has always matched factory glass. Maybe they are at the top of the price category, but at least I get what I order, WHEN I need it, not when they get it.

Guest areyouthetintguy?

well...I have never ever not been able to get an order filled from johnsons,never...and my rep is Shelly and he is there almost exclusively except if it is his lunch hour(he is entitled to that.isnt he?)and then cristina will help me...so as far as your orders being screwed up..I would look to who is placing the order to be at fault.........I am not here to praise any particular company but I get annoyed at these llu llu dealers who think they are the high and mighty...

Guest areyouthetintguy?

ive been in this business alot longer than some of you youngsters here..I have seen it all and I know that tinters are a certain breed to begin with,and there are the occasional few that I have come across whether its at a show or a seminar ,that think there @#$% doesnt stink..we all know the type..gimme abreak here..are we tinting windows or finding the cure for cancer? drop yourself down a notch and take a reality check

First of all, I never said they screwed up my orders. I said they didn't have what I ordered (SP15). If Johnson could have filled my orders when I placed them, I would still be using them.

Second, ask any member here about me and you'll find out I'm not a bragger, nor do I claim to be better than anyone else here. You may have been doing this for over 2 decades, but I'm no rookie. There's no need to cast accusations at anyone here, or advise any reality checks. If I'm out of line, someone (with more than 243 posts) let me know and I'll apologize.

Guest metint
instead of typing a long drawn out post, I'll just do this

wndo is right

metint is right

:lol  :lol

I wish I could do that all the time... :lol:lol Keep it short that is... :thumb

Archived