Thinking About Getting Certified to do Car Wraps

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have posted some leads for your area to Vinyl Wrap Leads group on facebook. If you or anyone on here wants/needs work. I don't expect anything in return, just trying to grow the industry the best that I can. 

Many thanks. I've joined the group.  :thumb

Well, I sent my money to Geek Wraps and made hotel reservations at the Courtyard-Marriott, which is about a mile-and-a-half from where the training takes place.

I plan to get there the evening before so I can be rested and ready to start early Monday 9/5. 

They only had one spot left for the Sept. 5-9 class, so I got in by the skin of my teeth.

http://geekwrapsu.com/training-programs/

Thanks again everyone to help answer my questions.

Luis

Well, I sent my money to Geek Wraps and made hotel reservations at the Courtyard-Marriott, which is about a mile-and-a-half from where the training takes place.

I plan to get there the evening before so I can be rested and ready to start early Monday 9/5.

They only had one spot left for the Sept. 5-9 class, so I got in by the skin of my teeth.

Luis

That's a nice looking class, let us know how it goes.

Luis

That's a nice looking class, let us know how it goes.

Will do.

Hello everyone,

Just got back from Geek Wraps U in Ft. Lauderdale, and completed the 5-day training course.

It was a great experience and, for a guy who's never wrapped anything with vinyl, I can now hold my own. Of course going from being a newbie to having experience takes time and practice, but I now have a good and solid foundation to build upon.

Kenny and the crew at Geek Wraps U are great people, and the facilities are top notch. The training days are long but worth the time and effort.

For those considering training, I chronicled the process in two articles I posted to my blog:

The Vinyl Car Wrapping Industry 
Part 1 — A New Career?

The Vinyl Car Wrapping Industry 
Part 2 — Training

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my questions.

Luis

Hello everyone,

I am seriously considering taking a 5-day car wrapping course, and getting 3M certification in the process. This—as many as you already know—would be a considerable investment since I have to travel to another city and get a hotel while I'm there, plus meals and all that.

Anyway, my questions are:

1. How much can I expect to be paid if I get a job as an installer?

2. Is it better to freelance and go to different shops?

3. How much can I earn as a freelancer doing say 3 or 4 jobs a week.

I live in Central Florida and there are lots of sign shops, and most offer car wraps among other services, so it seems the industry is doing well, especially when you drive around town and see so many vehicles with either partial or full wraps.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with a newbie.

I am in the same situation as you are!, but i live in Los Angeles. Have you signed up for the classes already? 

Archived