Horizontal Tunnels

How in the hell would they suggest peeling the liner then? Bopp is that the really thick feeling liner? I think that's what's on the new global film. I absolutely hate it.

Hey there jh812,

I will be producing a basic demo video in the coming weeks which will outline the advantages of BOPP (Biaxially Orientated Polypropylene) as well as including some install techniques.

You may be using it the wrong way. I personally can install film with BOPP liner 40% faster and far cleaner than silicon liner films.

When I first started with Lulu and JWF, they all used BOPP, I hate using anything else.

Films that contain silicon coated liners has many more disadvantages than BOPP. I believe all suppliers would use BOPP if they had the capacity and equipment, but the decline of BOPP liners is mostly due to the fact that it is more expensive to manufacture. Eastman were the only manny to produce 72" BOPP until recently.

The trick is to remove the liner quickly. It just falls off. Forget what you know about silicon liners the next time you use a BOPP liner film.

Take care.

I'd definitely be interested to see that gts. I've used express dual reflective series for years with no issues. Then global came out with their flat glass film so I bought a roll of it. I noticed the difference right away. One of the biggest issues was just getting the first initial peel of the film. I know that sounds like a rookie thing but I've been installing for over ten years and had never had this issue. I noticed the liner seemed to be quite thicker than the old dr I was used to. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey JH,

No worries mate.

Please note... I am in no way claiming to be a better tinter than your good self, I just have plenty of experience with BOPP films, and I am sure fellas like Tom who would use plenty of BOPP films would agree in regards to speedier install times.

I am expecting a new and what should be a very popular new type of film arriving in Aussie land in the coming weeks, and I have the task of running installation tests. All going well (Fingers crossed) I will create a video that outlines just a few of the advantages of having these types of films with BOPP liners.

If this film passes all tests with flying colors, I will be claiming that it was my idea... If it goes horribly wrong, I will be blaming someone else...

Corporate management 101... :lol

Cheers mate.

Archived