any shops carry Global/EWF films in Orlando, FL?

I am looking to have the 2 front windows on my 2015 Ford Edge tinted to match the rears, and i'm not having any luck finding any reputable shops in the area that carry anything other than generic no-name window film.

Previously, I had a 2015 Cherokee, and the EWF Classic Charcoal 30% matched the rears perfectly.  Sitting the Cherokee and Edge next to each other, the windows look very similar in color.  The rear windows on the Edge meter at 22%, the fronts meter at 74%, thus I believe either EWF Classic Charcoal 30% or Global QDP 30% would be as close to a perfect match as i'm going to get.

I'm not opposed to traveling a couple of hours to get a quality installation completed, nor am I opposed to installing the film myself if anyone knows where I can obtain the film from in the area.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick search all with good reviews...

Ultimate Window Tinting | Huper Optik/Autobahn Films

Orlando Flying Window Tinting | Llumar

Choice Window Tinting | Llumar

Pro Tint | 3M

Thanks for the assistance.  Talked to Ultimate yesterday, they only use Llumar for OEM match, Huper they only carry a film that's pretty reflective.  Llumar only makes ATC35 ATC20, one which would be lighter than OEM, one which would be darker.  3M films to me are way too green for an OEM match.  

I only found one place in Altamonte Springs that claimed to carry Global film.  Made an appointment for this morning, showed up to have QDP 30% installed, and he only had Global on display to show to customers.  Every single roll of film in the back was some off-brand junk, nothing that came close to 30%.

Quick search all with good reviews...

Ultimate Window Tinting | Huper Optik/Autobahn Films

Orlando Flying Window Tinting | Llumar

Choice Window Tinting | Llumar

Pro Tint | 3M

Thanks for the assistance.  Talked to Ultimate yesterday, they only use Llumar for OEM match, Huper they only carry a film that's pretty reflective.  Llumar only makes ATC35 ATC20, one which would be lighter than OEM, one which would be darker.  3M films to me are way too green for an OEM match.  

I only found one place in Altamonte Springs that claimed to carry Global film.  Made an appointment for this morning, showed up to have QDP 30% installed, and he only had Global on display to show to customers.  Every single roll of film in the back was some off-brand junk, nothing that came close to 30%.

If you have lighter privacy glass like the Jeep Renegade, the ATC 30% will be perfect.  Below is the Renegade we just did in it.  3M Color Stable 35% will probably be another great match.  3M CS is a very black film that looks darker than it is...so will look more like a 30%.  The greenish one from 3M is FX Premium which is not a good match.

29310759776_aa8ea0efa7_b.jpg

Llumar has 30% also.

If you have lighter privacy glass like the Jeep Renegade, the ATC 30% will be perfect.  Below is the Renegade we just did in it.  3M Color Stable 35% will probably be another great match.  3M CS is a very black film that looks darker than it is...so will look more like a 30%.  The greenish one from 3M is FX Premium which is not a good match.

Learn something new every day!  Llumar's website only shows ATC20 and ATC35, so I was definitely not aware that they are now making ATC30.  

Ran by Stellar Window Tint in Apopka just to see if they had a sample piece of film, and in 15 minutes they had it installed on the Edge.  Can't complain at all about the color and shade match, especially for not being 100% dry.  Glad you guys were around to help :)

*edit* adding pictures, looks to be a pretty good match for the OEM Ford rear windows.  When outside, the iPhone camera makes the fronts look lighter than the rears, inside the garage they look darker.  In person, they look to be almost 100% perfect match, just the slight greenish hue from the OEM glass that isn't visible on the rears.  Overall i'm very happy, and glad I was informed of a new product today :D

post-38725-0-64549900-1472591587_thumb.jpg

post-38725-0-20695900-1472591588_thumb.jpg

post-38725-0-09121100-1472591587_thumb.jpg

post-38725-0-57046400-1472591586_thumb.jpg

post-38725-0-20929500-1472591585_thumb.jpg

post-38725-0-64147000-1472591584_thumb.jpg

Archived