Clearplex?

I have tinted windows for about 14 years now and done many many windshields in my time but never worked with this stuff.  Recently had a meeting with a local dealership about ppf installs on new cars and wants me to install this windshield stuff.  Just wanted to know if it is really worth messing with or not.  What do you guys charge for a windshield?

Basically you can order a test roll which allows you to practice installation.  It is a thicker film similar to PPF so is harder to shrink and is impossible on some windshields.  The test roll is not the exact same film, but has the same installation properties.  We practiced on 4 vehicles (didn't install it, just shrunk it) with medium difficulty windshields and it wasn't bad.  You just have to shrink it with the liner out, then flip it and cut to fit...if you are bulking it of coarse.  You can also buy precut kits.

Archived