Removing rear windscreen tint on E Classs damages the lines

I use a steamer to remove tints and it works perfectly fine on every window on every car but one, the Mercedes E Class. Literally every time I attempt to remove the rear windscreen tint 75% of the heater lines just come off with it and the glass has to be replaced. I doubt this is a common issue so I'm assuming the problem is the steamer I'm using, its pretty old but as I mentioned before it works fine on every other car. Anyone had bad experience on this car too, do you think my steamer needs upgrading?

It's not the steamers fault.  There are soo many variables and soo many brands of film.

A Lot of times it is considered a manufacturers defect in the glass.  We have had it happen a time or two. We have had lines wipe off with a cleaning squeegie.

Some1 with more time can shed some more light on the situation.

Did you buy them new glass or did they sign a wavier ?

19 minutes ago, F1windowtinting said:

It's not the steamers fault.  There are soo many variables and soo many brands of film.

A Lot of times it is considered a manufacturers defect in the glass.  We have had it happen a time or two. We have had lines wipe off with a cleaning squeegie.

Some1 with more time can shed some more light on the situation.

Did you buy them new glass or did they sign a wavier ?

The first time it happened I had to pay for it but it wasnt an issue since I knew somebody who sorted me out with the price. Ever since then I tell the customers before I take the tint off that the heater lines may come off in the process and they may need to buy a replacement, or if they want to risk it to just smash the window and have the insurance take care of it (which 1 customer did and it worked)

It is a crap shoot if the defrosters will come off with a removal or not.  We have better success black bagging the rear window than using a steamer plus steamer takes longer.  Like you said above, make sure you explain it on all removals and let the customer risk it or not.

we have removed numerous and i have found that later model ford taurus' the lines will come off with the tint, i mean it pulled at least 1/2 of the grid. hav any of you tried dealing with glass manufacturer or r they pretty stiff on the who"manuf. defect" deal?

Archived