Damn Milwaukee Heatguns!!

Thermal coupler in a HEAT gun!!? :rollin If it's to hot it wont turn on and if it gets to hot while in use it turns itself off. :rollin:rollin I'm done with these! I know we've talked about this before. I want all the info for a new heat gun in one spot. What brand should I try next. Price and weight and durability are probable going to be the bigest factors.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
whatever you do, don't waste your money on a porter cable. those things suck. (according to everyone on the board)

:rollin

Who ever said that... :rollin

I have no prob except it felt like a bazooka in my hand. :rollin

I'll say it... :porter

Guest crewdog10

I use one of those orange Black and Decker heatguns. Nothing special but it does the job. I even drilled holes in the back but didn't notice a big difference. After reading some of these posts I guess that I better buy a backup. I would hate to lose my gun in the middle of a job.

spend 80 bucks on a Makita heat gun.  Best 80 bucks you will ever spend on a tool for tinting glass.  I have had 2 of them for about a year now and still going strong.

I'm down with spending 80 bucks. Durability out-weighs cost. I'll have to check that out. I was also wondering is craftsman sells a heat gun with a lifetime warranty. That would be the way to go. :rollin

Archived