Tinting a boat

3 hours ago, Angelo said:

speaking of thousand. i don't have any knowledge of boats of that caliber. but i was at the marina i use while back and pulled up behind a boat that looked somewhat similar to that. after fueling i went in to pay and he was in front of me. he looked back and said to fuel up and two bags of ice was a grand and laughed about it. i made the comment of how long will that last. he said two weekends if he is lucky. :eye

That's right. Small vessel like that and it was a grand to just fuel. I worked for Thunder bolt marina for a couple years doing yachts and didn't even question the price. Dealing with yachts there is always a budget the project coordinator has to work with, if the bid is in the budget, it gets done. I was not clear as to the work involved on the boat (assuming private small family boat and only wanting the windows done) I would see what the material was going to cost before anything. Go look at it, see whay they are trying to accomplish and find material. You don't want to just put anything on there. If you haven't worked on them before, material does matter. Good luck

I went for the job, quoted him aprox $1400, did it almost without any hazzle. Only problem I had were the hinges for the both sliding window. But managed to cut around. All screws were rusted, so it was either use force and break it, or cut around with a decent result, We went for the last. 

Photo that custy sent me a couple of weeks after install. Sent him a message and asked if he was satisfied with the result, and it better than he ever expected :boogie

19191078_10158844191400608_1360698275_n.jpg.3f61c5c96957d2bd3297763e323921cf.jpg

20170423_194111.jpg.b9f5992e3698339607afbdefd496e00a.jpg

Archived