Killing Static

Aesop_Rock

So we have a Graphtech 8600 at our shop and we run into a lot of static problems and as a result our film gets eaten by the machine.

This usually happens when the film is being fed back through the machine and the tint coming back hits the roll it was being fed off of. Those two sides touching, tint side to tint side, cause the film to stick together and screw everything up.

This usually only happens with CS film when we cut longer than normal one piece patterns like Mustang roll ups. Short patterns nothing really happens. The pattern is longer than our media catcher is deep if that helps any.

Any thoughts or suggestion on how to eliminate static?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Aesop_Rock

On 4/4/2017 at 1:35 PM, Aesop_Rock said:

So we have a Graphtech 8600 at our shop and we run into a lot of static problems and as a result our film gets eaten by the machine.

This usually happens when the film is being fed back through the machine and the tint coming back hits the roll it was being fed off of. Those two sides touching, tint side to tint side, cause the film to stick together and screw everything up.

This usually only happens with CS film when we cut longer than normal one piece patterns like Mustang roll ups. Short patterns nothing really happens. The pattern is longer than our media catcher is deep if that helps any.

Any thoughts or suggestion on how to eliminate static?

Thanks in advance!

You can order this and let the tint float across it.  Stick a magnet on each side of your plotter to hold the bungee in the correct position.  

https://stopstatic.com/product/stopstatic-cords-kit/

I just cut 3 pieces of desoldering braid and taped them to the back of my fc8000. I did it mainly for the plotters electronic protection from static. I've owned it since 09 and have had no problems in that area.
Although films will still sometimes cling together when feeding back thru, mainly when cutting all sedan doors and qtrs at once. ( which is the norm ) I,d like to have a film rewinder or revolver but for the price I just rewind it up manually since it only takes a minute to do so. I will try the dryer sheet method though.