do you think this is an ok tint job? updated**

33 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

OOOOO you're looking for the cheapest place, its kind of expected...

If you got someone with higher standards that charged a bit more, the probability of this issue happening again is alot less.

You want a better product to offer heat rejection and better performance for your child,

you might even get clear tint after it fades if you look for the cheapest

Well this guy has been called by dealerships to tint cars, hes done residential tinting, and i've seen a lot of nice cars (on his facebook business page)he's done tint jobs on and i don't believe those people with even nicer cars would let them get away with what he did on my tint job. he uses xsun window films, im not real sure on these type of films but i figured since he was advertising it with a banner they must be ok. the heat rejection was at 53% for the 33% he put on my car. he works alone and runs his own business in a smallish town so i think it might be hard for him to get a lot of customers. which may be why hes charges lower. that or he is just nice. which he did kinda seem that way. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shurley0714 said:

Well this guy has been called by dealerships to tint cars, hes done residential tinting, and i've seen a lot of nice cars (on his facebook business page)he's done tint jobs on and i don't believe those people with even nicer cars would let them get away with what he did on my tint job. he uses xsun window films, im not real sure on these type of films but i figured since he was advertising it with a banner they must be ok. the heat rejection was at 53% for the 33% he put on my car.

Its quite difficult to say, we decline all dealerwork  because dealerships dont care about quality, they just want it done and they want it done cheap,  thats why we only sell to the general public and thats our bread and butter, 10 years of my career i've never heard of Xsun, maybe its good, maybe not, i cant speak for it.

2 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

Its quite difficult to say, we decline all dealerwork  because dealerships dont care about quality, they just want it done and they want it done cheap,  thats why we only sell to the general public and thats our bread and butter, 10 years of my career i've never heard of Xsun, maybe its good, maybe not, i cant speak for it.

hmm well thanks for the infot, i was thinking if i payed a dealer who wants 290 that it would come out 100%, like the best. like they would do it. not outsource it. maybe its a new film brand, i don't really know what to look for when choosing a good film. i just seen that it blocked out over 50% of the heat so that sounded pretty good to me. specially with how hot this car gets.

Just now, shurley0714 said:

hmm well thanks for the infot, i was thinking if i payed a dealer who wants 290 that it would come out 100%, like the best. like they would do it. not outsource it. maybe its a new film brand, i don't really know what to look for when choosing a good film. i just seen that it blocked out over 50% of the heat so that sounded pretty good to me. specially with how hot this car gets.

let me ad over 50% head rejection is pretty good for a lighter film,  in my opinion if you dont want to run into the problem again, just tell him to fix it, if he cant then just get a refund and go elsewhere and try again. (try to find someone based on experience, reputation and product though, not the always the price.

I really wish you the best of luck

Everyone is gonna have a rough install day once in a while.

The trick in this business is to NEVER leave a rough install to be seen by a customers friends /clients.

I've yanked a "pretty good" install off the glass in front of a spectating customer a few times.

Shocked custys say stuff like "what was wrong with that " or " I thought it looked pretty good".

!!!   I do not say what I didn't like. This causes eyephuckitis real fast"  !!!

My reply is always " That's my reputation on your glass . If I don't like it you can't have it".

Every one I've done that with has been a repeat customer ever since. AND told their friends . BEFORE social media existed.

2 minutes ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

Everyone is gonna have a rough install day once in a while.

The trick in this business is to NEVER leave a rough install to be seen by a customers friends /clients.

I've yanked a "pretty good" install off the glass in front of a spectating customer a few times.

Shocked custys say stuff like "what was wrong with that " or " I thought it looked pretty good".

My reply is always " That's my reputation on your glass . If I don't like it you can't have it".

Every one I've done that with has been a repeat customer ever since. AND told their friends . BEFORE social media existed.

he may have just had a rough day that's why i willing to let the broken door go and i was still nice asking for a removal. "thats my reputation on your glass" love it. lol

As a one man show in a small town, my reputation is everything! My advertising is my quality of work and 90% of my business comes from customer referrals! How someone could ever let that job out the door is beyond me!

I do agree that going for the cheapest price is often an issue and you get what you pay for, so it isn't surprising that you got a sub par job. But that is worse that sub par, that is just bad!!!  I also believe in doing the best job i can for what i charge, and charging what i'm worth. I think most of us are like that so take it for what it is! If someone charges slightly more, then we have to assume that they hold themselves to a higher standard. That isn't always the case but often. 

I would ask for a redo and to have the door handle fixed if i were you. His response will tell you all you need to know. I wouldn't even argue if i were that guy, he has to know how crappy of a job he did! AND a dealership doing top quality work is almost laughable. There may be a few, but very few, not knocking anyone!  If you see high quality on a dealer lot, there is about a 99% chance they sub to a GOOD installer! 

My neighbor just got a $90k Jaguar, horrible tint job from the dealer on the rear doors, contamination and not even under the gasket on the bottom of the door and not straight. I didn't tell him, nobody wants someone bashing their new toy and he will never know about it. He won't sit in the back, and he has someone that washes his cars. There are reasons why someone could tint "nice" cars and not do a good job & the customers are happy.

Archived