Tinting front loader (cat)

Had a customer inquire about his front loader. I've done a few bob cats and they were flat glass. The glass is curved on the sides and is straight up vertical. I've never had to shrink that large of vertical window where it is not angled like a regular back window are you able to anchor the tint with a regular H pattern? Also big nasty defroster bars with wires running in them is what really made me want to sit this one out only thing I can compare it to is 88 camaro with the braided defroster. Really if it was fall or winter and wasn't so busy With regular vehicles I would be more apt to want to take it on. I've only sat one other vehicle out since 2011 and that was the front two windows of a 50ft motor coach for the same extra big vertical window that curves on the side. 

Looking for opinions on handling customer with non traditional vehicles that you know will not be up to the standard your used to providing. 

IMG_8984.PNG

IMG_8985.PNG

IMG_8986.PNG

Exactly as Tintmaster explained...I  have done a number of these. Run factory edge of film along the sides instead of top and bottom, shrink the sides and you will have minimal fingers, run it as you would on a rear window or you will be hating your life that day..

cheers

12 hours ago, Cascobaytint said:

Looking for opinions on handling customer with non traditional vehicles that you know will not be up to the standard your used to providing. 

Guys...he has 6 years experience...I think he knows how to tint...he was asking how to deal with a customer/situation.... :lol 

{Had a customer inquire about his front loader. I've done a few bob cats and they were flat glass. The glass is curved on the sides and is straight up vertical. I've never had to shrink that large of vertical window where it is not angled like a regular back window are you able to anchor the tint with a regular H pattern?}.......

I Must have not had enough coffee yet Slick, I read it as a question, actually He ask two questions and we only answered one. Fifth grade was the worst three years of my life... I should have paid more attention in class.

On the other hand cascobaytint, I would find out if this equipment is used at night, (if it is, don't waste your time with him, he will never be happy).

Cheers

Archived