Down force plotter

it will be different for everyone, and its dependent on the the blade used and how its adjusted on the blade holder, the safest is to set it at a low setting, bump it up a little at a time and make a test cut after each change in force, should take you 10 minutes max

I just changed out my cutting strip to a blue one from film and vinyl design and it changed my cutting force by a few.  only issue is the lip on the leading windoe edge does not sit down all the way.  but im set arounf 14-16 all pending film 

That looks like a Vinyl Express Q series plotter. I am running 14 just like you for window film with a 20 degree tinttek blade..I would suggest you turn your speed down from 30 to 20. That is what has been recommended for me though some run at 25. The blade is just barely sticking out of the blade holder..I adjust it till you can just barely feel it scrape against your finger and then add a 1/4 turn or so.

Good luck 

On 4/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, Mr paladin said:

How much down force is everyone using for the blade on there plotter? I accidentally changed mine and don't remember what In had it set at. Thanks Mike.plotter.jpg.7b41669ae926529d2c0442e36a55d651.jpg

Maybe late, on my graphtec I am at 5 for force for film and vinyl and on my Rolland I am at 70 grams with a 30 degree blade 

Archived