Dotrix vinyl vs Oracal Vinyl

A customer wants their matrix covered with vinyl on their c6 Corvette.  I've used Dotrix vinyl before and it worked great.  The problem is, it's roughly $1.70 a square foot.  I was considering using the Oracal 751 which is roughly $0.75 a square foot.  The Oracal is advertised as typical sign vinyl while the Dotrix is supposedly designed for a dot matrix.  Has anyone used the Oracal 751 vinyl?  Do you think the Dotrix is the same thing at a mark-up?  Thanks.

Dotrix is designed just for that, it has a heavy adhesive that and looks black from the outside. Vinyl doesn't do so well. You will end up with a milky look. If you put the vinyl on the outside, it will look good but not long. 

Imo the Dotrix stretches and works better than the Oracal.  More expensive but average 5 bucks ( on the high side) per car. I painted thousands of rear dots without a problem but what a hassle! Get my Dotrix from Richard at Solar Control film in St Louis. 

Never understood why at time we will knock 20 or 30 bucks off a tint to get the job and not eat the 5 bucks to get rid of a headache. Like Dynamic Appearance. Makes 500 off that, 2 grand off a roll of film.....you use vinyl and eventually you will regret it

cheers

Archived