side shrink side windows

Ok so I've been tinting for about 8 months and I've had training so I can get most jobs done the first attempt.  But I was wondering if someone has a video of side shrinking a side window like for a ford pickup because those windows are so talll!!!   I use a plotter for most jobs and use 40in film and of course I end up using twice as much tint as I would like.  If I could cut the window "against the grain" id be able to save some film.  Any and all help appreciated!

On 5/22/2017 at 10:28 PM, egetorp said:

Ok so I've been tinting for about 8 months and I've had training so I can get most jobs done the first attempt.  But I was wondering if someone has a video of side shrinking a side window like for a ford pickup because those windows are so talll!!!   I use a plotter for most jobs and use 40in film and of course I end up using twice as much tint as I would like.  If I could cut the window "against the grain" id be able to save some film.  Any and all help appreciated!

If you are using a plotter, remember you can only shrink factory edge of film. If you plot your pattern and turn it 90 degree to do one door (to save material) then you shrink shrink sides as you would but keep in mind everything is 90 degree now. So you would anchor your top from front up around the top to the back, anchor bottom front to back to create a shrinkable area. My opinion is that of jh. I only went into it because you are new and I know change can be frustrating when new. Outside of the way we do it, you may want to plot normally one at a time and shrink normally. Plotting in the other direction creates a lot of shrink 

good luck 

cheers

On 5/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, jh812 said:

There you go. Now search bottom loading (not the x x x sites) and learn that method. I have some videos of that as well on my channel. 

Thanks!  I'll watch some bottom loading videos so I can learn that skill.  I haven't pulled panels or gaskets yet.  But looks like doing it may be quicker than shrinking! At least on some vehicles. 

Archived