Help wet shrinking side windows

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jh812 said:

High 

Alright nice one, just tinted the back windows and rear glass today didnt come out too bad, my shrinking wasnt perfect but was a lot better than my last attempt. I just need to improve on my cutting skills and need more practice. 

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

:thumb glad we could help. 

how many metres of tint would tint a full car? just wanna do some profit calculations. do you think i would be able to tint customers cars say after 3 months?

33-5 square ft with waste is my average at work, I might be able to trim that back on the side with my film. You need more experience than that to run a business. Too many variables make auto tinting difficult. Ive been a confident take in almost any job tinter since year 3, and still get myself into stupid shit at least once a month almost 14 years in. 

22 hours ago, no ma'am said:

33-5 square ft with waste is my average at work, I might be able to trim that back on the side with my film. You need more experience than that to run a business. Too many variables make auto tinting difficult. Ive been a confident take in almost any job tinter since year 3, and still get myself into stupid shit at least once a month almost 14 years in. 

awesome, had some problems today, my cuttin was really crappy and i had a real hard time tryin to tuck the film into the seals they were pretty tight. Any tips?

Your cuts can make or break your install. This is more critical when half peeling. Watch every YouTube video you can find. Different cars require different approaches to cutting patterns. Learn to pull seals.

12 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Your cuts can make or break your install. This is more critical when half peeling. Watch every YouTube video you can find. Different cars require different approaches to cutting patterns. Learn to pull seals.

alright thanks for that, sorry for all the questions but which squeegee is best used for shrinking and also which squeegee to use when puttin the actual film on the inside, thanks

23 hours ago, no ma'am said:

Depends on the film, yellow turbo is what I wet shrink,clean and first pass on install. Follow up with blue max or orange crush with handle. 

a day after the tint is installed there are tiny bubbles in the film in certain areas any ideas? also on the wuarter glass there is like a 1 cm thick dot matrix how do i make it consistant as some parts stick and other parts dont

Archived