Can't stop scratching solar fx. Wth am I doing wrong?!

On 6/13/2017 at 8:41 PM, Joetint said:

Been using solar fx for about a year now and I scratch it all he time.. I did my truck with a suntek sample and didn't even have one scratch.. I've narrowed it down to my blue max scratching..  I always check edge of blue max and it's always smooth.. but I'm getting deep scratches so I just can't figure it out.. 

IMG_2117.PNG

That actually looks as though you had a piece of trash or sand spec under the film prior to instal. Reason being, this photo is taken from the outside, if The debris was inside and scratched the film, it would not be seen from the outside. Debris had to have been on the adhesive side, which would be trash between film and the glass

4 minutes ago, drtint4211 said:

That actually looks as though you had a piece of trash or sand spec under the film prior to instal. Reason being, this photo is taken from the outside, if The debris was inside and scratched the film, it would not be seen from the outside. Debris had to have been on the adhesive side, which would be trash between film and the glass

Actually found your sand or rock. This is where it started (circled area)

IMG_1507.PNG

:yeah could've been welding slag as well, or a poorly produced piece. Aftermarket glass or just a flaw in glass. It appears to have been picked up and dragged in your razor scrape motion, order some gator blades. Sand them often, they can still scratch glass.... :embar 

My guess is slag from welding doesn't move. Squeegee up the down? Could be a number of things outside of being conscious of what you are doing. He said it was happening a lot. I will show him how to make a max new tomorrow 

Archived