Can't stop scratching solar fx. Wth am I doing wrong?!

Been using solar fx for about a year now and I scratch it all he time.. I did my truck with a suntek sample and didn't even have one scratch.. I've narrowed it down to my blue max scratching..  I always check edge of blue max and it's always smooth.. but I'm getting deep scratches so I just can't figure it out.. 

IMG_2117.PNG

@Joetint   Yes the bluemax can scratch film.  Doesn't really matter what brand it is.  

A brand new bluemax needs to be very lightly sanded or rubbed on some carpet. The factory cutting process can leave edges that can be to sharp for film.  

The same goes goes for ones that you use regular.  You have to take care of your edges.  Keep an eye on them and sand them regular and make sure you are not getting any trash and debris on them from the way you store it when not in use.  

Don't drop it on the floor and then use it immediately.  Store it clean.  

Hope me that helps a little.   Good luck. :thumb  

Put a new edge on it (not by sanding), a squeegee likes and works with a sharp blade edge, sandedat all, defeats its purpose) I hope it works for you veterans, but the newer guys or the one that aren't sure, they will not get the speed or edge when sanding. I have max blades I have used for years. My blade here is is orange crush because of the heat. 

Archived