On 9/6/2017 at 8:12 AM, PremiumShield Brett said:

Dennis, I noticed you also posted defective film from STEK? Seems like you have a lot of experience with Korean & Chinese films going bad; yet you keep buying them! Strange.....

Brett

I learned a lot in last 6 month with Korean and Chinese made PPF. We used to install Suntek and never had a problem. Then KDX, STek and Rayno distributor contacted me. Tried their film, looked good at first glance (Hydrophobic, instant healing, all those amazing features). Then used more than 200 rolls of their film next couple month. Customers start coming back and asking for warranty after 3 month. Contacted distributor and China office from those brand. was told there is No warranty !!!  WTF !!!!! sales rep start blocking my phone call !!!!! ...... Eventually, I have to buy new US made film by myself and replace for my customer.....

That was a bloody lesson. And from now on, I will only use US made PPF and window films....... because other film are shit and business model is gross. 

Will swing by at SEMA this year and chat with you. 

5 hours ago, DennisJR said:

.Brett

I learned a lot in last 6 month with Korean and Chinese made PPF. We used to install Suntek and never had a problem. Then KDX, STek and Rayno distributor contacted me. Tried their film, looked good at first glance (Hydrophobic, instant healing, all those amazing features). Then used more than 200 rolls of their film next couple month. Customers start coming back and asking for warranty after 3 month. Contacted distributor and China office from those brand. was told there is No warranty !!!  WTF !!!!! sales rep start blocking my phone call !!!!! ...... Eventually, I have to buy new US made film by myself and replace for my customer.....

That was a bloody lesson. And from now on, I will only use US made PPF and window films....... because other film are shit and business model is gross. 

Will swing by at SEMA this year and chat with you. 

Wow!  If that does not make you think twice about less expensive Asian products and how they'll stand behind them not sure what will...

Sh#t runs downhill. You buy either imported direct or reboxed ppf or window film and failure occurs - I'd rather be backed by a US manufacturer with finances and goal of long term brand name protection.  Your reboxer may suck it up, maybe..  Think differently?  This guy could be you...

Edited by addicted to tint

I feel bad for you Dennis! Trust me, I have been manufacturing PPF (originally going back to the late 90's with VentureShield) for a long, long time, and I have seen it all!

Unfortunately, it is very easy in some countries to pop up quickly, take advantage of a particular market with cheap production, and then disappear when things go south. Then, 3 weeks later, pop up as a totally new company! I'm not going to mention any names, but it does happen, and people really need to weigh risk V's reward when buying cheap products from Asia; and that goes for ANY product, not just PPF. For god's sake, they killed innocent babies with poison added to baby formula to save money. What do you think they would do with urethane film?

You may pay more for "made in USA" but at least you know where to go if a problem arises. PPF is extremely difficult to make, and things do go wrong. I think people can see the guys who have been here a long time, and realize there is a reason we are still here :) 

Hopefully you can withstand the returns and come out stronger on the other end Dennis; I look forward to seeing you at SEMA.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, DennisJR said:

You really should know how many cars you guys screwed up in mainland China market. Your private labeling brand UPPF now is dead !!! because 70% your product was failure after 3 month......... Over 1000 cars !!!

Are you saying you did 1000 cars in three months?

3 hours ago, pro-tect mobile said:

Are you saying you did 1000 cars in three months?

Labor is cheap in Asia, my family has a tourist hotel there with 20 employees it's a similar salary to one employee here.  If had a business there I wouldn't be working just watching lol

Edited by blackoutauto