Competitors Lying

2 hours ago, sunstopwindowtinting said:

thats just crazy, i called up there and the receptionist spoke to me and said the CTX blocks 90% heat rejection..... 

Very unfair to the customer. I don't know what i would do if i was in your situation. Last time i contacted a competitor was to warm them about bad clients. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, sunstopwindowtinting said:

What exactly do you mean by bad clients?

People that will already have something broken, but bring in their vehicle and blame you for braking it. 

People that carry a magnifying glass to inspect their film, and them demand a huge discount or a free tint job because of one little speck.  

9 hours ago, sunstopwindowtinting said:

@jh812 Arkansas here haha, very true we are using Rayno. Theyve been open for like 10 years, weve been open for 1.5 . They have literally followed every step we have since we opened, newer website, changed hours and days open, even prices, and i wouldnt be suprised they use the same film as us... we shall see!

I've seen the exact same thing happen here in MD. I worked for and managed 2 of the areas highest volume shops. My philosophy has always always been to beat them with consistent quality in the installations . Which is not easy when your managing 15 20 somethings. LMAO, but a shop came along and basically copied the look and business ways of the shop I managed and they are strategically placed right in the middle of both locations that are too close together in the first place?.

16 hours ago, sunstopwindowtinting said:

What exactly do you mean by bad clients?

I've had a customer curse and swear at me non stop because i refused to blow into his Breathalyzer, called me a germophobe, he then stormed out my door and slammed it.

I told him i could still tint his lights he just had to blow into it and drive the vehicle in. He refused of course.

In the end i called some surrounding shops to warn them of the situation. 

i carry a film that goes up 61 % TSER so i dont think 65 is impossible. .i no there are mirro films that get up pass 80 percent. .  .maybe he is lying maybe he is not, but i would call him and ask him what film he has that does that and then look it up . the film i use is Gareware Suncontrol and it is the parent company of the famous Global Qdp. . . and its cheap. . .  very good stuff. . . here is the specs.

https://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/exports-hp-charcoal-5.html

https://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/exports-hp-charcoal-15.html

Capture.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

On 7/5/2017 at 0:25 PM, sunstopwindowtinting said:

So we only have about 2 competitors around us, similar pricing, volume etc.... here is a quote from their website fooling their customers.

•  "Rejecting up to 65% of the total Solar Energy entering the vehicle"

Then scrolling on down the page...

• "The Ceramic series is our flagship product, and is a true warrior in the lineup. Broad Spectrum Infrared-Heat Rejection. You won’t believe how well this film performs, and you need us to put a sample of this film on a heat lamp to truly see what a solar control heavyweight looks like. This film is made with our market leading IR Ceramic Technology that offers the highest heat rejection rate available, which is 90% heat rejection,and 99% UV protection."

Id love to use this film :lol. a part of me wants to call them out as well, and we know the film they are using and not even close to those numbers given above....

What would you do?

well at 90% heat rejection you'd have to add 4-5 layers and maybe you'll be in the playing field:facepalm2

Archived